My first Firefox workaround

This weekend, being stranded inside by the rain I tried to help a friend with a small flex (flash) application. The code looked very simple and I could not understand the problem. On a non-US keyboard flash seemed to ignore all special chars (like @, #) in a basic text field. After some research I found this very, very ugly and old bug laying around since FF 2. It seems it had been corrected sometime and then lost again and there is no solution for it other than setting the wmode parameter to window. This is not really a solution if using menus and the iframe hacks for making them draw above the flash part of the screen. Very, very ugly.

With the same occasion I found out that FF now ships on a 6 months basis and it has just released FF 5. Good work! :(

Leave a Reply

*