This a delicious way to cook your vegetables in the oven with little effort. Just cut and cook wait. I’ve tried using eggplants, marrows, potatoes, cucumbers but let your inspiration (or your fridge stock) fly. It can be served hot or cold for a summer day.
Ro: vinete si dovlecei la cuptor
- 2 green medium size marrows (squash)
- 2 eggplants
- 1 green pepper
- 4 small potatoes
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- olive oil 3-4 tbs
- optional: bay leaves, fresh thyme
- Peal the eggplants and cut them in small pieces (choose the shape you like best)
- Peal the marrows and cut them in small pieces. Make sure to wash the marrows and your hands in the process since the marrows leave a liquid which irritates the skin.
- Cut the onion, tomatoes, green pepper, potatoes and whatever vegetable you feel like testing
- Optional: Pre-heat the oven. My oven does not have any temperature settings so I light it 5-10 minutes on a low gas settings.
- Add (stack) the marrows, eggplants, pepper and tomatoes (in that order). Initially I though the eggplants would bake more difficult, so I put them to the bottom, but in reality they where ready much before the marrows.
- Add water to almost cover, salt, pepper a bit of olive oil and put into the oven. It would be great to add some bay leaves and fresh thyme for deeper flavour.
- Wait for about 1h or until all the pieces are soft. Remember to stir from time to time to change the layers order or add more water if needed. To the end only 2-3 mm of liquid should remain.
- Optionally after closing the oven add cheese and leave in the oven for 2-5 more minutes to melt